Wonderful to meet you, I’m Buffy Trupp, Somatic Psychotherapist, and Fertility Specialist.
I have been coaching women and couples trying to conceive for 15 years with astonishing results.
Delays in conception are inherently stressful – they threaten our identity and our place in the world.
When we feel threatened, our thinking focus naturally narrows and becomes automatic or unconscious.
These thinking patterns are normal. They help us organize and predict our future.
But unconsciously working on overdrive to try and reduce threats puts our body in “fight/ flight” and inhibits conception significantly.
Of course, there is no question that there is a direct connection between our emotional health and our reproductive health.
The real question is: How do you manage stress when trying to conceive is inherently uncertain?
Easier said than done!
What we know is short-term stress relief is NOT enough. We need to get to lasting change by getting to the source of the thoughts and emotions that can wreak havoc on your quality of life and reproductive health.
Bringing women and couples to a place of peace and lasting change is my mission.
Mind-Body work is some of the most powerful work you’ll ever do. Women and men who master it defy the odds. You can too!
Highlights of my Professional Qualifications:
- MA Counseling Psychology with a concentration in Somatics from the California Institute of Integral Studies. Clinical focus: stress reduction and mindfulness.
- Postgraduate clinical training with Dr. Alice Domar Ph.D. Executive Director of the Domar Center for Mind-Body Health, and the Director of Mind-Body Services at Boston IVF.
- Postgraduate clinical training with Ken Farber, MA director of Mindfulness-Based Mind-Body Programs for Fertility at Kaiser Permanente in the Bay Area and founder of Mindfulness Behavioural Skills Training, in San Francisco.
- I founded the Mind-Body Wellness program at Laurel Fertility Care in San Francisco to provide women undergoing traditional Western fertility treatment with research-based mind-body tools.
- I founded the Mindful Fertility Project in 2015 a web-based company offering online mind-body coaching and classes for women and couples trying to conceive.
- I am the author of the Mindful Fertility Journal a virtual and clinically proven mind-body program for pregnancy success.
- I am the co-author of Coloring Conception, an adult coloring book to prime the mind and de-stress the body for natural conception.
- I train licensed professionals in the Mindful Fertility Model. I have been a student of Jack Kornfield, Ph.D. since 2003.
- I have been a Vipassana practitioner for over 15 years including many 7 to 10-day meditation retreats. Most notably, in 2011 I sat a 2-month vipassana meditation retreat with Jack and the teachers at Spirit Rock Meditation Center. I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor in British Columbia, Canada and a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist in California, USA.
You can learn more about my work here: https://www.mindfulfertilityproject.com/nf_vip
I look forward to supporting you, please reach out with questions & comments – I’m here to help.